Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Straight Outta Date Night



Oh how I love long weekends. Brandon and I opted for a low key one and it really helped recharge my batteries. Between relaxing, cleaning, organizing and gym sessions we managed to sneak in a quick date night.
 
Typically Brandon and I are pretty low key so a classic dinner and a movie is about as crazy as we get for nights out and this past Saturday was no exception. We enjoyed a lovely dinner at Famoso Pizza and then finally got to understand what all the buzz was about with Straight Outta Compton. 
 
My opinion? It's definitely worth a watch simply for the pop culture references and to have a better understanding of a world that I honestly knew nothing about. NWA originated when I was just a baby but I obviously know who all the members are. That just goes to show how much impact these men had on the music industry. I mean I'm a country lovin' Canadian girl who can still be moved by intense but passionate Californian rap artists with something to say about their reality. Relatable? no but understandable? Yes.

 
 

5 comments:

  1. My husband wants to see that movie too and it honestly looks pretty good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everybody and their Grandma saw Straight Out of Compton... am I the only loser who still hasn't?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to see that movie so bad, but freaking Manila still doesn't have it out -- grrrrrrr! Your date night sounds fantastic, lovely! And that pizza and salad looks amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun date night! Glad to hear the movie was good too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've heard the movie is great as is but also really insightful into the history of the rap culture. I really want to see it but will probably wait until I can order it at home. Glad you had a fun date night!

    ReplyDelete