Thursday, September 3, 2015

Home Renovations: The Bathroom

Finally, another installment of Home Renovations! Today I thought I'd show you our lovely main bath. This was by far our biggest transformation and what I was most excited and nervous about. Growing up in a family of interior designers (none professional but all should have been) and watching HGTV all day everyday, I felt comfortable picking out paint colours and accessories and planning the layout of a room. What I had no experience with was starting from scratch and picking out every single aspect of a space.
 
The Before:
 
Brandon brought this room to the studs as there was fear of water damage. So we really had a clean slate to deal with. I knew I wanted bright and airy but with a pop of colour. We don't have an en suite, so this bathroom is also where I get ready everyday, with that in mind I knew it was important to have sufficient storage.
 
 
I'm so proud of Brandon for laying every single tile in that room. I wont lie and say that it was super easy. There were a lot of late nights and even more swear words and crashing and banging than you can imagine. But he didn't give up and now it looks amazing.

 

The After
 



I am so in love with this space. Its so fresh and clean and everything turned out perfectly. Our amazing vanity is from Costco Online and our silver tree shower curtain is from Bouclair Home. We have always loved subway tiles and I'm so glad we chose the grey grout look. Another favourite is our tiled flooring. It's that tile that looks like wood. It's really nice on the feet and very easy to clean. This room is basically finished although I'm still looking for some artwork so let me know if you have any ideas on what to put on the walls.

Enjoy your Thursday!

2 comments:

  1. I love love love wood in bathrooms! The wood looking tile is such a great option. You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. For bathroom renovation contractors that specialize in bathroom remodelling and design get the pros at bathroom remodel Vancouver. For great prices and professional workmanship from the plumbing to the tile and everything in between. Serving Vancouver for many years and delivering the best bathrooms in Vancouver area. If you want more info click here link : Bathroom Reno Vancouver

    ReplyDelete