Tuesday, September 8, 2015

A Letter: To My Younger Self


Dear teenage Brittany,
 
Hair gel should be used sparingly, "hair fuzzies" are not the end of the world.

School and more importantly high school is such a fragment of time compared to the rest of your life. Have fun, make dumb choices, learn from those choices but don't let those years weigh too heavily on the person you become.
 
 
Hang out with people you actually like. I still don't understand why some people are "popular" and others are not. I know that you care a lot about being considered popular and NEED to hang out with those who will give you that status but making lasting relationships with people who share your interests is much more important.

Work on that project with that cute boy in English class... you might marry him someday ;)

Don't put your hobbies and interests on the backburner for fear of "missing out" on parties. You should totally go to the parties just don't make partying your only hobby and/or interest.


I want to say don't wear the dorinhas. But who am I kidding, you loved them and they gave you motivation to work hard so you could afford $100.00 jeans on your own.

Love yourself more than anyone or anything. These are the years in your life when you SHOULD be selfish.

Have more than one favourite bra....


Stay away from the drama. You will never get back the hours wasted on talking shit about other people.

Try to put yourself in other peoples shoes. You felt like you were struggling and I can guarantee that everybody else is too.

Don't listen to any of this. You are a teenager and you know everything already. Have fun, be safe and don't drink and drive!!
 



“Tutu

1 comment:

  1. Oh how I wish I knew some of the things I know now back then! But I am sure we will all be saying the same thing twenty years from now too.

    ReplyDelete